Instant Pot Sausage Queso Dip—the classic Velveeta and Rotel dip with sausage made in the Instant Pot. A cheesy queso dip perfect for parties, game day and potlucks.
Related: slow cooker sausage queso dip recipe
Instant Pot Sausage Queso Dip
Since the first Christmas we were married Greg has been making Velveeta-Rotel dip. He used to make it with ground beef but has since switched it up to ground sausage for more flavor. It is just one of those recipes that you HAVE to make this time of year. Whether it’s for Christmas, New Years or football watching…it’s just a rule.
I made the dip in my 3 quart Instant Pot* and it was the perfect size. I left the sausage queso dip in the 3 quart pot on the warm setting and it was kept at the perfect temperature. Scoop a bit onto a plate and serve with chips and veggies (no double dipping people!). I was convinced that I would just have one more chip with dip over and over…this dip is addicting!
What is Rotel? Rotel is canned petite diced tomatoes with green chilis and spices. They have a little heat, but if you don’t like spice you can buy the mild variety. You can find them next to the canned tomatoes at your grocery store. If you want to make this dip and you don’t have Rotel, you can substitute salsa or a can of diced tomatoes and a can of green chiles.
What kind of sausage should I use? You can use ground breakfast sausage, Italian sausage, chorizo, or any other sausage that you like.
More Instant Pot Dip Recipes…
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.Print
The classic Velveeta and Rotel dip with sausage made in the Instant Pot. A cheesy queso dip perfect for parties, game day and potlucks.
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 (32 oz) container Velveeta cheese
- 2 (10 oz) cans Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chiles)
- ¼ – ½ cup milk
- Turn your Instant Pot sauté (more) setting. When display says HOT add in the sausage and break it up. Brown the sausage for 5 minutes. Then drain off the grease.
- Turn Instant Pot to the slow cooker setting (more). Cube the Velveeta and add it into the pot. Add in the Rotel. Cover Instant Pot and let the cheese melt and get warm for about 15-20 minutes. Then remove the lid and stir.
- Add in as much milk as needed to get dip to your desired consistency. Cover and let warm through for another 10 minutes.
- Turn Instant Pot to warm setting to keep dip warm. Serve with tortilla chips and/or raw veggies.
- Category: Dip
- Method: Instant Pot/Slow Cooker
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.