Today’s recipe is an Instant Pot version of Regis Philbin’s favorite pasta dish. It has bowtie pasta, broccoli, chicken, tomatoes, parmesan cheese and garlic. A simple but delicious dish that is easy to make in your Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Regis Philbin’s Pasta
The world has lost too many celebrities this year including Alex Trebec, Sean Connery, Eddie Van Halen, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Little Richard, Kobe Bryant, Kirk Douglas, Kenny Rogers and Regis Philbin. Regis was quite a character! I loved Who Wants to Be A Millionaire and would try to play along at home, more often than not never making it past $24,000. Regis was the perfect host for that show.
Today’s recipe comes from Kathie Lee Gifford’s “Good Gifts”* book in which Regis’ wife, Joy, shares a favorite recipe of her husband. The original recipe is made on the stove and has many more steps and dishes than mine. If you’re all about making things easy on yourself try my version of the recipe! The hardest part is sautéing the garlic!
What should I serve with Instant Pot Regis Philbin’s Pasta?
The pasta, chicken and broccoli are all in one dish so it doesn’t need much to make a meal. I like to serve with garlic toast or with a green salad and Olive Garden salad dressing.
More Instant Pot Pasta Recipes…
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.Print
An Instant Pot version of Regis Philbin’s favorite pasta dish. It has bowtie pasta, broccoli, chicken, tomatoes, parmesan cheese and garlic. A simple but delicious dish that is easy to make in your Instant Pot.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 heaping cups of cooked, cubed chicken or turkey (OR 1 pound raw chicken cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/8 tsp red pepper
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 8 oz uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes or 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 (12 oz) package frozen broccoli
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When the display says HOT add in the oil and swirl it around. Add in the garlic and sauté for about 30-60 seconds. Do not burn! Turn off sauté setting.
- Add in the chicken and coat the chicken in the garlic and oil. Add in the chicken broth and scrape the bottom of the pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Add in red pepper and vinegar. Add the pasta and spread out evenly.
- Add the tomatoes on top of the pasta and spread them out so they are covering as much of the pasta as possible.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. While the pasta is cooking, cook the broccoli according to package directions in the microwave or on the stove.
- When time is up let the pot sit for 5 minute and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the broccoli, butter, basil and parmesan. Salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. Make in the 3 or 8 quart pot with no changes.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.