An Instant Pot version of Regis Philbin’s favorite pasta dish. It has bowtie pasta, broccoli, chicken, tomatoes, parmesan cheese and garlic. A simple but delicious dish that is easy to make in your Instant Pot.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 heaping cups of cooked, cubed chicken or turkey (OR 1 pound raw chicken cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/8 tsp red pepper
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 8 oz uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes or 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 (12 oz) package frozen broccoli
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When the display says HOT add in the oil and swirl it around. Add in the garlic and sauté for about 30-60 seconds. Do not burn! Turn off sauté setting.
- Add in the chicken and coat the chicken in the garlic and oil. Add in the chicken broth and scrape the bottom of the pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Add in red pepper and vinegar. Add the pasta and spread out evenly.
- Add the tomatoes on top of the pasta and spread them out so they are covering as much of the pasta as possible.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. While the pasta is cooking, cook the broccoli according to package directions in the microwave or on the stove.
- When time is up let the pot sit for 5 minute and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the broccoli, butter, basil and parmesan. Salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. Make in the 3 or 8 quart pot with no changes.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot