- 1 1/2 cups water
- 6 large (2 1/2 to 3 pounds) yellow potatoes or Russet potatoes, quartered (you can peel or leave skins on)
- 4 Tbsp dry ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup milk or cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pour water into bottom of Instant Pot. Place a steamer basket* into the pot. Add quartered potatoes into steamer basket.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 10 minutes. When the time is up move the valve to venting. When possible, remove the lid. The potatoes should be easily pierced with a fork.
- Pour the potatoes into a large serving bowl. Discard the liquid in the Instant Pot. Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes. Add in the butter and let it melt. Mash the butter, milk and ranch dressing mix into the potatoes until creamy and smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
This recipe is gluten free. Just make sure the ranch dressing mix is gluten free.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American