If you’re a fan of all the meats you’re going to love this hearty soup. With meatballs, smoked sausage, brats, bacon, pepperoni and ground beef there is literally meat in every single bite. If you have a carnivore in your life they will love this dinner!
- 1 package bratwurst sausage (5 brats)
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 3 cups chicken broth (or 3 cups water and 3 tsp chicken better than bouillon base)
- 1 pound frozen Italian style meatballs
- 1 (12 oz) package smoked sausage, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- ½ of a 5 ounce package of pepperoni
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- 10 Tbsp crumbled bacon, for each individual serving
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the brats and brown on each side for 5 minutes. Remove from the pot and place on a plate.
- Add the ground beef, onion and garlic powder into the pot. Break up the meat and saute for about 5 minutes until beef is browned and the onions are soft.
- Stir in the brown sugar, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, meatballs, smoked sausage and the pepperonis. Add in the brats (whole).
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the soup button to 10 minutes (if you don’t have a soup button just use the manual/pressure cook button). Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes (display will say L0:10) and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Use tongs to remove the brats. Slice them into ½ inch slices and add them back into the pot.
- In a bowl whisk 1 tablespoon of flour at a time into the warm milk. Make sure there are no lumps and that it is smooth.
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. Add in the milk/flour mixture. Stir it in for a few minutes. The soup will thicken fairly quickly.
- Add in the parmesan cheese.
- Ladle into bowls and top each serving with a tablespoon of crumbled bacon
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot