A super easy recipe that can be make with just 5-ingredients and a few minutes of hands-on time.
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage (I used mild)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup beef broth or water
- 1 (19 oz) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Optional: 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the sausage. Break it up with a wooden spoon (I use this tool*). Add in the diced onion.
- Once the sausage is browned and the onion is soft add in the beef broth (or water) and deglaze the pot.
- Pour the frozen tortellini evenly over the top. Dump the tomatoes evenly over the top of the tortellini. Don’t stir.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to zero minutes (just push the minus (-) button until it gets to zero).
- When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the half and half.
- Scoop onto plates or bowls and sprinkle each individual serving with 1 1/2 Tbsp of mozzarella cheese, if desired.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
Remember that when using Instant Pot it takes anywhere from 5-20 minutes to pressurize!
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 516
- Sugar: 12.2 g
- Sodium: 1303 mg
- Fat: 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 10.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 43 g
- Fiber: 5.5 g
- Protein: 28 g
- Cholesterol: 87 mg
Keywords: instant pot