Instant Pot Hungry Man’s Casserole–a hearty meat and potatoes dinner that cooks in just a 1 minute pressure cooking time!
Instant Pot Hungry Man’s Casserole
If you’re a fan of meat and potatoes types of meals this one is for you! Greg and Skyler both LOVED this meal and the pot was scraped clean. Reagan and I loved it too. We all did! Good hearty food!
- The ground beef I used was lean (90/100. I didn’t drain the grease after browning because there wasn’t much grease at all.
- How thin or thick you slice the potatoes will be the determinant on how long to pressure cook. Ours were very thinly sliced and we used a 1 minute pressure cook time with a 5 minute natural pressure release. If your potatoes are thicker try a 2 minute pressure cooking time. You can even do cubed potatoes with a 4 minute pressure cook time.
- Mix it up! Try using cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery soup in the place of cream of chicken.
- If you’d rather leave out the cream of chicken soup you can. Double the sour cream/cornstarch mixture and add in 1 tsp of poultry seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- I used a shredded cheddar and Monterey jack cheese mix. But feel free to use whatever cheese you like (colby jack is a good one!).
- Serve this casserole with steamed vegetables and a side of corn. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- I used a 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1.* You can also use a 3 or 8 quart pot. For the 8 quart pot use 1.5 cups of beef broth.
More Beef Recipes You’ll Love…
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
A hearty meat and potatoes dinner that cooks in just a 1 minute pressure cooking time!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 medium Russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream + 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the beef and onions and break it up. Brown for about 5 minutes. If there is excess grease, drain it off. Add in the salt and pepper.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add the potatoes on top of the meat. Lightly salt and pepper. Spoon the soup over the potatoes. Do not stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute for cardstock thick potatoes or 2 minutes for cardboard thick potatoes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- In a small bowl stir together the sour cream and cornstarch. Stir the mixture into the Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top. Place lid on top of Instant Pot and let cheese melt for 3-5 minutes. Remove lid. Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.