A hearty meat and potatoes dinner that cooks in just a 1 minute pressure cooking time!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 medium Russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream + 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the beef and onions and break it up. Brown for about 5 minutes. If there is excess grease, drain it off. Add in the salt and pepper.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add the potatoes on top of the meat. Lightly salt and pepper. Spoon the soup over the potatoes. Do not stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute for cardstock thick potatoes or 2 minutes for cardboard thick potatoes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- In a small bowl stir together the sour cream and cornstarch. Stir the mixture into the Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top. Place lid on top of Instant Pot and let cheese melt for 3-5 minutes. Remove lid. Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot