Instant Pot Garlic Chicken Alfredo Pasta–a creamy parmesan garlic sauce envelopes penne pasta and bites of chicken. A quick family dinner made in your electric pressure cooker.
Instant Pot Garlic Chicken Alfredo Pasta
Sometimes my husband works from home. When I made this instant pot garlic chicken alfredo pasta he happened to be home and we both scarfed it down before the kids got home from school. 🙂 It is so creamy and delicious. I would totally make this weekly!
Notes about the recipe:
- This makes only 4 servings, maybe 3 if you have bigger eaters. So you may want to double the recipe. Just double the ingredients but not the cooking time.
- The chicken cooks in the 3 minute pressure cook time because it’s cut into bite size pieces. This means you won’t be able to use frozen chicken for this recipe.
- You can make this without the chicken and it will be still be delicious!
- You can use other types of pasta besides penne. I would suggest cavatappi, rotini or ziti.
More Instant Pot Alfredo recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Garlic Chicken Alfredo Pasta I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
A creamy parmesan garlic sauce envelopes penne pasta and bites of chicken. A quick family dinner made in your electric pressure cooker.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 packed Tbsp of minced garlic
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs or 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 ¾ cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces uncooked penne rigate
- 1 cup half and half
- ¾ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- Optional: parsley for garnish and red pepper flakes
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting and when it says HOT add in the butter. Swirl the pot around until butter is melted. Add in the chicken and salt and pepper and garlic. And just lightly saute for only about 30-60 seconds. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add chicken broth and penne.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit there for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting. Stir in the half and half and parmesan cheese. To thicken the sauce stir 1 Tbsp cornstarch together with 1 Tbsp of cold water and then stir the mixture into the pot. The sauce will thicken up fairly quickly.
- Give a couple shakes of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper into the pot. Scoop onto plates and enjoy! If desired top with a little parsley and red pepper flakes.
This recipe makes no more than 4 servings. You can easily double this recipe. Just double all the ingredients and keep the cooking time the same.
I prefer thighs for this recipe because they stay more tender than breasts. You can also leave out the chicken! Just saute the garlic by itself and add in the rest of the ingredients.
To make gluten free: Double check the chicken broth to be sure it does not contain gluten. Substitute noodles for GF noodles and decrease cook time by 1 minute.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pasta, alfredo, instant pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.