Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Meatballs–chicken meatballs are served alongside pasta with an easy, homemade alfredo sauce. Pasta, meatballs and sauce are all cooked in one pot–your Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Meatballs
My daughter came home from school the other day with the idea for me to make meatballs with alfredo sauce. Apparently the hot lunch being served looked “soooo good.” It was meatballs with a creamy sauce and pasta. I told her I would do my best. I searched around the internet for a bit and combined a few recipes to make these Instant Pot chicken alfredo meatballs. My daughter was thrilled and thought it was amazing. My son took the leftovers to school in his mini crock* the next day and was the envy of his friends, apparently.
Some notes about the recipe:
- This particular recipes serves 4 people but you can easily double the recipe. Double the ingredients and keep the timing the same.
- I love using ground chicken but it’s sometimes hard to find. Ask the butcher if you can’t easily see it in the meat department.
- I like using curly cavatappi pasta for this recipe. I recently discovered they sell it in the bulk bins at Winco. If you can’t find cavatappi pasta you can also use penne pasta.
I think you’ll really enjoy these chicken alfredo meatballs and pasta! Try it out this week.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Meatballs I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
Chicken meatballs are served alongside pasta with an easy, homemade alfredo sauce. Pasta, meatballs and sauce are all cooked in one pot–your Instant Pot.
For the pasta:
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 8 ounces uncooked cavatappi pasta
For the meatballs:
- 1 ¼ pound ground chicken (or turkey)
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
For the sauce:
- ¾ cup half and half, warmed
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Optional: 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Add chicken broth, garlic powder and pasta to the Instant Pot in an even layer.
- In a bowl add the ground chicken, bread crumbs, egg, oregano, paprika, garlic cloves, parmesan, salt and pepper. Use clean or gloved* hands to combine the mixture. Form into meatballs. I made my meatballs fairly large, probably about ⅓ cup each. Place the meatballs on top of the pasta in one layer.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes on high pressure. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes (display will read L0:05). Move the valve to venting. Open the pot. Use a spoon to scoop the meatballs onto a platter.
- Turn the Instant Pot to the saute mode. Add warmed half and half, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper into the pot. Stir. If you want your sauce less runny you can thicken it with a cornstarch slurry. Mix 1 Tbsp of cold water with 1 Tbsp of cornstarch until smooth and stir the mixture into the pot. The sauce will thicken fairly quickly.
- Serve pasta and sauce with the meatballs.
You can easily double this recipe. Double all the ingredients and keep the cooking time the same.
I used cavatappi pasta but you can also use penne or cellentani pasta.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes (plus 5 minute NPR)
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 609
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 1313 mg
- Fat: 25 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 50 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 45 g
- Cholesterol: 236 mg
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Meatballs? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.