Instant Pot Fried Rice—easy recipe for fried rice made quickly in your Instant Pot. Just like what you’d order at Panda Express!
Instant Pot Fried Rice
Are you more of a lo mein or fried rice type of person? I like both for sure! It’s always a hard choice to make when getting Chinese takeout. Now you can make your own fried rice at home with just a handful of ingredients and a few minutes of time.
Fried rice comes together very quickly and is mostly hands off thanks to the Instant Pot. Choose whatever kind of rice you like best and cook according to the directions in the green chart. Once your rice is cooked stir in some scrambled egg, soy sauce, peas and carrots and sesame oil. Voila! Fried rice. So yummy and so easy.
I’ve made a free printable rice cooking times cheat sheet for you! I hope you find it handy. I keep mine in the kitchen so that I can easily find the water to rice ratio and how many minutes I’m supposed to cook the rice for. You can easily print this cheat sheet by clicking here.
For a variation on fried rice try adding in chunks of ham for ham fried rice or chunks of cooked chicken for chicken fried rice. There are lots of ways to get creative. You can also use a variety of frozen vegetables, like stir fry veggies, green beans or broccoli. Make this recipe your own.
Try these other favorites…
Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein–noodles, veggies and bites of chicken
Instant Pot Chicken Lettuce Wraps–ground chicken, water chestnuts and rice rolled up in crisp lettuce leaves
Instant Pot Orange Chicken–sweet, sour and savory flavor
Easy recipe for fried rice made quickly in your Instant Pot. Just like what you’d order at Panda Express!
- 2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 3 cups water
- 3 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1–2 cups frozen peas and carrot mix
- Add water and rice to the Instant Pot. Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is sealed. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid. Scoop rice into a bowl.
- Turn Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the oil and swirl it around. Add in the eggs and scramble them, breaking them into very small pieces.
- Add in the white rice, soy sauce and sesame oil. Toss until rice is full coated. Add in the frozen peas and carrots and toss until they are heated through (about 1-2 minutes). Turn off Instant Pot.
- Serve and enjoy!
For the best results use cold rice instead of hot. I’ve done both ways and confirm that both are good! Hot rice gets a little mushier but it’s still tasty.
To make gluten free use Tamari instead of soy sauce.
To make with brown rice use 2 cups brown rice and 2.50 cups of water and pressure cook for 22 minutes with a 10 minute NPR.
To make with jasmine rice use 2 cups rice and 2 cups water and pressure cook for 4 minutes with a 10 minute NPR.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Chinese
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.