Instant Pot Easy Chicken Pot Pie–a really easy, almost cheater version of chicken pot pie. Tender pieces of chicken are served with vegetables and a creamy gravy sauce and then topped with a golden brown biscuit. A family-friendly meal that is great any day of the week.
Get the SLOW COOKER Chicken Pot Pie recipe here
Instant Pot Easy Chicken Pot Pie
This is a stupid easy recipe for chicken pot pie. It’s not the traditional pot pie with a baked pie crust but instead we bake a batch of store bought canned biscuits while the Instant Pot cooks the chicken and gravy sauce. If you’re not a fan of canned biscuits then you can make your own homemade biscuits. Sometimes I use this recipe for biscuits if I’m feeling very homemake-y that day.
My family plus one neighbor kid all loved this dinner. I loved it because it took minimal effort and they loved it because it tasted good.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make this Instant Pot Easy Chicken Pot Pie I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
A really easy, almost cheater version of chicken pot pie. Tender pieces of chicken are served with vegetables and a creamy gravy sauce and then topped with a golden brown biscuit. A family-friendly meal that is great any day of the week.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (frozen is okay, about 1 1/2 pounds of chicken)
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 (13.75 oz) can Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup with Herbs
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can of refrigerated biscuits
- Optional: Cornstarch
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the olive oil. Add in the onion and saute for about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the chicken broth. Nestle the chicken into the pot. Sprinkle the chicken with poultry seasoning, parsley and pepper. Dump the cream of chicken soup on top of the chicken (try not to let it touch of the bottom of the pot). Don’t stir.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual/pressure cook button to 10 minutes for thawed chicken or 12 minutes for frozen chicken on high pressure. Meanwhile move on top step 3. When the time is up let the pot sit there for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Pour frozen vegetables into a strainer and run hot water over them. Bake the biscuits in the oven according to the package directions.
- Cut the chicken into pieces. Stir the vegetables into the pot. Set the Instant Pot to the saute setting to quickly warm up the vegetables. If the sauce is too thin you can make a cornstarch slurry by mixing 1 Tbsp of cornstarch with 1 Tbsp cool water together and then stirring it into the pot until the sauce is thickened.
- Once vegetables are warmed through you can scoop chicken and gravy mixture into bowls and top with a biscuit.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe and one biscuit
- Calories: 345
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 697 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Protein: 30 g
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Easy Chicken Pot Pie? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.