Instant Pot Creamy Sloppy Joes–homemade sloppy joe sauce and ground beef are simmered in the electric pressure cooker and then cream cheese is stirred in as a twist to make the best sloppy joes of your life. Serve the meaty sauce on toasted buns or even slider rolls for an easy weeknight dinner. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to serve a crowd.
(Get the recipe for SLOW COOKER Creamy Sloppy Joes here)
Instant Pot Creamy Sloppy Joes
If you’re like me you probably don’t think much of sloppy joes. They are sort of a neutral food for me. I don’t love them and I don’t hate them. However, this recipe for Instant Pot creamy sloppy joes has firmly pushed them into the love category. I ladled the meat mixture over toasted whole wheat buns and cut one in half intending to only eat half a sandwich. That lasted about 10 seconds and I ate the second half of the sandwich. Then my daughter got home from school and the same thing happened with her. The homemade sauce with the cream cheese just made these sloppy joes so perfect. I hope you will try them soon!
Three reasons you should make this recipe:
- The meat keeps well on the warm setting. These sloppy joes are perfect for the busy family that has to eat in shifts. Put the bag of buns next to the Instant Pot and let everyone serve themself when they are ready to eat.
- (Although we are in winter right now) These would be a perfect summer supper. Don’t heat up your kitchen by turning on the stove. Serve these sloppy joes with coleslaw or fruit salad.
- The cream cheese! The cream cheese puts a little twist on traditional sloppy joes and you’ll never want to go back to the original recipe after trying these.
More recipes you’ll love…
Instant Pot Pulled Pork Barbecue Sandwiches from Center Cut Cook
Instant Pot Brisket Sliders from Julie’s Eats and Treats
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
For Instant Pot creamy sloppy joes I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
Homemade sloppy joe sauce and ground beef are simmered in the electric pressure cooker and then cream cheese is stirred in as a twist to make the best sloppy joes of your life. Serve the meaty sauce on toasted buns or even slider rolls for an easy weeknight dinner. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to serve a crowd.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small or medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/3 cup chili sauce (it’s in the aisle by the ketchup)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 6 buns (I used whole wheat)
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute function. Wait until the display says HOT then add in the ground beef. Brown the beef for about 3-4 minutes then add in the onion. Stir and let the onion saute for 3-4 more minutes. Drain off any excess grease.
- Stir in the chili sauce, water, mustard, chili powder and worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual/pressure cook button to 10 minutes on high pressure.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes then move the valve to venting and release any remaining pressure.
- Stir the mixture. Add in the cream cheese and stir until it is melted. I used the saute setting to melt the cream cheese a little faster.
- Serve the meat on top of the buns. We toasted ours under the broiler in our oven.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
This makes enough for 4 large sandwiches or 6 smaller sandwiches.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes (plus 10 minute NPR)
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
Send Me Free Recipes
Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.