The easiest cheater recipe out there. Chicken, cream cheese, cream of chicken soup and an Italian dressing mix packet are combined to make a delicious chicken and rice dinner with hardly any work. This version is made in your electric pressure cooker in just a few minutes.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2–3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (0.7 oz) package dry italian dressing mix (I used the Good Seasonings brand)
- 1 (13.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- Add chicken broth to the Instant Pot. Nestle the chicken into the pot. Sprinkle the dry Italian dressing mix over the chicken. Add butter into the pot. Scoop the cream of chicken soup over the top of the chicken (without letting it touch bottom of pot).
- Lock the lid in place and make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual pressure cook button to 10 minutes for fresh chicken or 12 minutes for frozen chicken. Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure by moving the valve to “venting.”
- Remove the lid and break up the chicken, if desired, into chunks. Stir in the package of cream cheese until it is melted. You may want to use the saute setting to melt the cream cheese quicker.
- Serve chicken and sauce over hot cooked rice.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot