Instant Pot Chocolate Zucchini Cake–an ultra moist, dense and super chocolatey cake made in your electric pressure cooker with your favorite summer vegetable, zucchini.
Instant Pot Chocolate Zucchini Cake
I’m not a fan of cake. I’m more of a brownie and cookie person. I guess it’s just that regular cake isn’t dense enough for me. And many times it’s not moist enough either. The other day I literally told my husband (after I had a bad cake experience) “I’m never going to eat chocolate cake again.” Well, I guess I’m feeling a little sheepish today because I totally made and ate this Instant Pot Chocolate Zucchini Cake within a week of my rash statement. But I’m telling you this isn’t your normal chocolate cake made from a box. First off, it’s ultra chocolatey. It has a quarter cup of cocoa and a cup of semi sweet chocolate chips in a small cake. Second, the zucchini keeps the cake seriously dense and moist. And finally, by cooking the cake in a moist environment like your Instant Pot it has an almost fudgy consistency.
I did order a 7 inch springform pan on Amazon in order to make this recipe. It fits perfectly in the bottom of my 6 quart Instant Pot. You could also use a 7 inch bundt cake pan for this recipe. I’m new to baking in my Instant Pot so if you know of other ways to bake this cake in the Instant Pot let me know!
More cake recipes…
3-Ingredient Cherry Dump Cake in the Slow Cooker
Peanut Butter Cup Mini Cheesecake in the Slow Cooker
Instant Pot Berries and Cream Breakfast Cake from Pressure Cooking Today
Instant Pot Vegan Pear and Cranberry Cake from Healthy Slow Cooking
What Instant Pot Did You Use?
For this Instant Pot Chocolate Zucchini Cake I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1 for this recipe. I also own the 6 quart Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker. They are both great pressure cookers! The first one I mentioned has a yogurt making function but other than that they are fairly similar. The price difference between the two is about $20.Print
An ultra moist, dense and super chocolatey cake made in your electric pressure cooker with your favorite summer vegetable, zucchini.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 small zucchini (about 6 oz), shredded
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips (optional, but highly recommended)
- Place the trivet in the bottom of your Instant Pot with the handles up. Pour one cup of water in the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Prepare a 7 inch springform pan by lining the bottom with parchment paper. I like to use a pencil to trace around the bottom of the pan and then cut out the paper with scissors. This ensures a perfect circle of parchment paper that will fit nicely in the bottom of your pan. Spray the sides of the springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl mix together the eggs, vanilla, sugar, milk, oil and shredded zucchini.
- Gently stir in the flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and mini chocolate chips until no white streaks remain.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Carefully place the pan on top of the trivet. Cover the Instant Pot and set the timer for 28 minutes on high pressure. Make sure the valve is set to sealing.
- When the timer beeps unplug the Instant Pot and let the pot sit with the lid on for 10 minutes. Change the valve to venting and let the pressure release. Open the pot and carefully remove the trivet and pan by using the handles on the trivet. I used my oven mitts. Let the pan sit on the counter to cool for 10 minutes. Carefully open the springform pan to release the sides of the pan. At this point you can serve the cake hot with vanilla ice cream or wait until it’s completely cooled and frost it with a layer of whipped cream. It’s up to you! Both are delicious.
I haven’t tried making this cake in the slow cooker but I really think it would work well. You could either pour the batter into a greased slow cooker or pour the batter into a cake pan that fits inside your slow cooker. I would cook this in my slow cooker on high for about 2-3 hours, depending on the slow cooker size. 2 hours for a large 6 quart slow cooker and more like 3 hours for a smaller slow cooker.
- Method: Instant Pot
Send Me Free Recipes
Thanks for stopping by! Do you love crockpot and Instant Pot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!