A moist quick bread (cake?) that is a cross between banana and zucchini bread. The bonus is that it’s got mini chocolate chips too and it’s made in your electric pressure cooker.
- 2 small ripe bananas or 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1 small zucchini, shredded
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup oil (I used canola oil but you can use coconut oil or vegetable oil)
- 1 1/2 cups flour (I’ve tried all white flour, half whole wheat and half white and all whole wheat)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl whisk together the mashed banana, shredded zucchini, egg and oil.
- Stir in the flour, salt, sugars, baking powder and baking soda until no white streaks remain. Don’t overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
For the Instant Pot
- Prepare a 6 cup bundt cake pan by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan. Cover the top of the pan with foil.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place the springform pan on top of the trivet and then using the handles carefully lower the trivet and pan into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Cover the Instant Pot. Press the manual button and set the timer for 60 minutes on high pressure. Make sure the valve is set to sealing.
- When the timer beeps carefully move the valve to venting. Using hot pads remove the trivet and pan from the Instant Pot. Let the bread/cake sit for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and serve warm or cold.
For the Slow Cooker
- Prepare a loaf pan that will fit inside your 6 quart oval slow cooker by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan. Place a trivet in the bottom of your slow cooker so that air can circulate underneath the pan. Place the pan on top of the trivet.
- Place a double layer of paper towels on top of the slow cooker and secure them with the lid. This will prevent moisture from dripping on top of the bread.
- Cook on high for 3-6 hours. My slow cooker took about 5 hours on high but some slow cookers will take as little as 3 hours. Test for doneness by sticking a toothpick in the middle. If it comes out clean or with a few crumbs then it’s done.
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Prepare a loaf pan by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan. Bake for 60 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick. If toothpick comes out clean or with a few crumbs it’s done. Cool on a rack, slice and enjoy.