Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Manicotti—the most flavorful chicken filling is stuffed into tubular manicotti pasta noodles and then topped with marinara sauce and sprinkled with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Manicotti
As we were eating this Instant Pot chicken parmesan manicotti my husband and daughter both audibly said, “mmmm, this is so good.” It reminded me of that scene from What About Bob when they are eating dinner 😂😂😂
It really was so delicious! I had to stop myself after eating 2 ½ manicotti because my son still needed to eat dinner too. I will definitely make this again.
Originally I was going to make this meal as stuffed shells but couldn’t find any jumbo shells at the store. It was a blessing in disguise because the manicotti were much easier to stuff uncooked than shells would have been. At first I tried stuffing them with a small spoon, then a knife. What ended up working the best was putting on gloves and stuffing them with my fingers. I put one finger at the end of one opening and with my other hand I would stuff as much filling as I could into the pasta. Don’t be shy about filling these babies up. You want as much filling as you can get.
This recipe works great with rotisserie chicken (I love getting them from Costco). Or if you don’t have any cooked chicken on hand use the Instant Pot to quickly cook some frozen chicken breasts. Pour 1 cup water into Instant Pot and add 1 ¼ pounds chicken breasts. Pressure cook for 18 minutes with a 10 minute natural pressure release. Then you can use the liquid remaining in the pot for cooking the pasta.
If you want a formula for how to know how long to cook chicken breasts in the Instant Pot watch my Instant Pot Chicken 101 YouTube video. The chicken breasts can be frozen or fresh, thick or thin, to be sliced or to be shredded. This formula will help you figure it out in just a few seconds. You’ll get perfect juicy and moist chicken breasts every time.
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel!
More Recipes You’ll Love…
The most flavorful chicken filling is stuffed into tubular manicotti pasta noodles and then topped with marinara sauce and sprinkled with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp pesto (or chopped fresh basil)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 10 uncooked manicotti noodles
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (25 oz) jar marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a bowl stir together the chicken, salt, pepper, pesto, onion powder, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, cottage cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and egg.
- With gloved hands stuff each of the manicotti noodles with the chicken mixture. Set aside.
- Pour the broth into Instant Pot and bring to a boil using the sauté setting. Once it’s boiling cancel the sauté setting. Carefully lay the manicotti into the pot in 2 layers. Dump the sauce on top of pasta in an even layer.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit there for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Scoop manicotti out of the pot and top each individual portion with some of sauce and the remaining mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
If you don’t have cooked chicken on hand you can easily cook it in the Instant Pot before moving on to the rest of the recipe. Pour 1 cup water into Instant Pot and add 1 ¼ pounds chicken breasts. Pressure cook for 18 minutes with a 10 minute natural pressure release for frozen or 15 minutes with 10 minute natural pressure release for fresh. Remove lid and place chicken on cutting board. Chop up* the chicken. You can use the liquid remaining in the pot for cooking the pasta.
Optional breadcrumb topping: to make this more like chicken parm add a breadcrumb topping. In a skillet, heat 2 Tbsp butter over medium heat and melt. Add 2/3 cup bread crumbs; stir to coat. Cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle over cooked manicotti.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. Make in the 8 quart pot with no changes.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.