Instant Pot Burrito Bowls–perfectly tender and shreddable 5 ingredient pork, chicken or beef is cooked quickly in your Instant Pot and then served with rice, guacamole, black beans, sour cream and more of your favorite toppings.
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Burrito Bowls
This bright and colorful dinner will please all the people at your table. It’s a mix and match type of meal that I know you’ll love! I made this delicious shredded salsa pork and served it with lots of fresh ingredients like a lime wedge, lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro and guacamole.
Now if you’re not a pork fan you can easily make this meat with chicken or with beef. It’s such a simple recipe but the meat is flavored perfectly. I ended up using pork country style ribs that were completely frozen solid. That’s what I love about the Instant Pot…you can cook frozen meats in there in less than an hour. I ended up cooking the country style ribs for 45 minutes but if you’re cooking chicken you’d definitely need less time than that. I’ve noted the different meats and the cooking times below.
5 Ingredient Instant Pot Recipes
Want some more super simple Instant Pot recipes? Here are few to get you started:
What Instant Pot Did You Use?
For this Instant Pot Burrito Bowls recipe I used two different Instant Pots. One for the pork and one for the brown rice. I used this Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker for the brown rice. And I used my Instant Pot DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, 6 Quart 1000W for the meat. I love them both!Print
Perfectly tender and shreddable 5-ingredient pork is cooked quickly in your Instant Pot and then served with rice, guacamole, black beans, sour cream and more of your favorite toppings.
For the meat:
- 2 1/2 lbs pork country style ribs* (you can use other types of meat as well)
- 1 cup salsa or picante sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Optional: 1 Tbsp lime juice
For the burrito bowls:
- Burrito bowl items: cilantro, lime wedges, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, pico de gallo, shredded cheese, black beans, brown rice, guacamole, sour cream, etc.
- Place pork in the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Add in salsa, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin and broth.
- Cover with the lid. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Cook on high pressure. Press the manual button and set it to: 45 minutes for frozen pork country style ribs, 30 minutes for thawed pork country style ribs, 20 minutes for frozen boneless, skinless chicken thighs, 18 minutes for thawed boneless, skinless chicken thighs, 18 minutes for frozen chicken breasts, 15 minutes for thawed chicken breasts, 30 minutes for thawed beef chuck roast, quartered,60 minutes for frozen beef chuck roast (all in one piece).
- Once the timer beeps, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes (5 minutes for chicken) and then release the rest of the pressure by moving the valve to “venting.”
- Remove the lid and shred the meat. Stir in the lime juice, if desired.
- Serve meat with desired burrito bowl items.
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.