Traditionally made over a campfire this potato, smoked sausage and corn dish is much faster and easier when made in your Instant Pot.
Equipment needed: steamer basket*
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds of red potatoes, washed and cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 12 to 16 ounces of smoked sausage, halved and sliced
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles (I used mild)
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp to 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Pour 1 cup water into bottom of Instant Pot (1.5 cups for 8 quart pot). Add potatoes and onion into steamer basket.
- Place steamer basket into Instant Pot. Cover Instant Pot and secure lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 6 minutes for soft potatoes or 4 minutes for more firm potatoes.
- When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid. Remove the steamer basket and set aside. Pour out water and dry bottom of Instant Pot liner. Place liner back into Instant Pot.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté. Add in the butter and let it melt. Add in the garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds. Stir in the potatoes, onions, sausage, green chiles, corn, smoked paprika, salt (start with ½ tsp and go up from there, if needed) and pepper. Toss well. Heat through and then turn pot to warm or turn off completely.
- Scoop onto plates and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Sausage
- Method: Instant Pot