- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups water
- 2 2/3 cup white rice (short grain or long grain)
- 1 Tbsp chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 (4 oz) can green chiles
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Press the sauté function on your Instant Pot. Melt the butter and then add in the onion. Cook until translucent. Add in the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Add in the water, rice, bouillon, cumin, green chiles, cilantro, lime juice and salt.
- Turn off the sauté function. Cover the pot and turn it to manual. Press the timer to 8 minutes for short grain white rice or 3 minutes for long grain white rice. Make sure the valve is set to “sealing.” When the timer beeps let the pot sit for about 5 minutes.
- Turn the valve gently to “venting.” If any foam comes out then turn the valve back to sealing and try again in a minute to release the pressure. Once pressure is released remove the lid and stir a bit and then serve.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot for this recipe.