Instant Pot Breakfast Enchiladas–breakfast enchiladas with sausage gravy, scrambled eggs and shredded cheese that your Instant Pot will help you prep.
Instant Pot Breakfast Enchiladas
Imagine a cross between biscuits and gravy and breakfast burritos. You get these amazing breakfast enchiladas that are smothered in sausage gravy. It’s a filling breakfast that is so tasty! It takes a bit of prep work (make the gravy, make the eggs, grate the cheese, roll up the enchiladas) but it is worth it. Plus your Instant Pot will help you do 2 steps in 1. You will simultaneously cook the scrambled eggs and make the sausage gravy in your Instant Pot with the help of the pot-in-pot method.
Try serving these breakfast enchiladas for dinner or for brunch or for a big family breakfast! You can even prepare all the parts of the enchiladas the night before and then roll them up and cook them in the morning. (I wouldn’t roll them up until you are ready to bake because they will get soggy.)
Recipe tips and notes:
- This hamburger chopper tool* comes in handy when breaking up ground meats like the sausage in this recipe.
- Try adding cooked hashbrowns into your enchiladas
- I used a mix of pepper jack cheese and cheddar but you can use whatever cheese(s) you like best
- You can use whole wheat tortillas instead of white tortillas in you’d like. Corn tortillas fall apart easier and don’t hold up as well for this recipe.
- Try adding in mushrooms, peppers, onions or bacon bits into your scrambled eggs.
- If you prefer you can do all the prep work on the stove and not use your Instant Pot. Make the gravy in one pan, the eggs in another and then roll up tortillas and bake in the oven.
- I used this pan* and this trivet* for the pot-in-pot portion of this recipe
More Instant Pot Breakfast Recipes…
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
Breakfast enchiladas with sausage gravy, scrambled eggs and shredded cheese that your Instant Pot will help you prep.
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 8 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- Add uncooked sausage into Instant Pot. Break up meat. Pour in the broth.
- Spray a pan that fits inside your Instant Pot with non stick cooking spray. Break the eggs into the pan and whisk well. Whisk in the milk. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a tall trivet into the Instant Pot. Place the egg pan on top of the trivet.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Use hot pads to remove the egg pan. Break up the eggs. Set aside.
- In a large glass measuring cup whisk the flour into the milk a little at a time until smooth. Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting and pour the mix mixture into the pot. Stir until gravy thickens and gets bubbly. Stir in the ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a 9×13 inch pan spoon ¼ cup of the gravy and spread on bottom of pan.
- Fill each of the enchiladas placing a tortilla flat and spooning 1/8 of the eggs, a couple tablespoons of the gravy and about 2 Tbsp of each of the cheeses. Roll up and place seam side down in the pan.
- Pour remaining gravy over the top of the enchiladas and any remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Instant Pot and Oven
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.