Instant Pot 3-Ingredient Strawberry Jam—a delicious sweet and tart jam that is so fast and easy to make in your Instant Pot or slow cooker. It tastes amazing on toast, biscuits, crepes, pancakes, waffles, french toast and more. It has a little less sugar than typical jam but you won’t miss the sugar at all!
Instant Pot 3-Ingredient Strawberry Jam
Strawberries are in season and they taste amazing fresh! If you want to preserve that fresh strawberry flavor use some of those berries to make jam. Speed up the process of jam making by using your Instant Pot to cook the strawberries in just a 1 minute pressure cook time.
My Instant Pot 3-ingredient strawberry jam recipe has a bit less sugar than a lot of recipes. However it’s not too low in sugar, if you know what I mean. It tasted amazing as I slathered it on a hot biscuit. Not too sweet but not too tart either. Just perfect.
After the strawberries were pressure cooked I used a potato masher to crush the strawberries to a chunky consistency. I prefer a little texture to my jam. If you like jam more even and smooth then I would suggest blending the strawberries to produce a consistent result.
I’m off to make a piece of toast with butter and jam now! And I’m dreaming of what other fresh fruit I’ll be able to make into jam this summer…I’ve got my eye on you raspberries and peaches!
How long does homemade strawberry jam last?
For homemade strawberry jam made with sugar and then processed by canning in a hot water bath, you can expect to get about two years of shelf life when stored in a cool, dry place. Once opened, keep your homemade jam in the refrigerator for up to three months. For jam stored in the freezer it will last for 12 months. Once removed from the freezer store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
Why lemon juice?
The lemon juice lowers the pH of the jam mixture that will “set” your jam. You can use freshly squeezed lemon juice or lemon juice in the green/yellow bottle.
Can I use frozen strawberries?
Yes you can. Making jam in the middle of the winter is a thing! Just use 2 pounds of frozen strawberries. No need to bring them to room temperature. Just throw them in the Instant Pot with the sugar and then pressure cook according to the instructions in the recipe.
Ways to use strawberry jam
Of course the most common way to use jam is by spreading it on bread or toast. Here are some other fun ways to use strawberry jam:
- Stir it into yogurt. Plain greek yogurt tastes amazing with a little strawberry jam stirred into it to sweeten.
- Stir it into oatmeal
- Pancake, crepe, waffle or french toast topping
- Serve on top of cheesecake bites
- It makes great gifts with a loaf of fresh warm bread
You might also like…
Use your Instant Pot to remove the skins from tomatoes. Watch my YouTube video to see how easy it is!
What equipment do I need to make strawberry jam?
- Instant Pot or slow cooker. I used a 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can also use a 3 quart or 8 quart pot.
- Strawberry huller. Not necessary but nice to own! This is the one I used* to remove the stems from my strawberries.
- Potato masher. I used a potato masher* to crush the strawberries after they were cooked. You can also use a stick blender* to blend the mixture for a more smooth jam. I like the chunkier consistency that results from the potato masher, personally.
- Jars or containers to store the jam. I used these jelly jars* because they are the perfect size. I like to hand these out to friends and neighbors too. You can also use plastic containers like these* if you will be storing the jam in the fridge or freezer.
A delicious sweet and tart jam that is so fast and easy to make in your Instant Pot or slow cooker. It tastes amazing on toast, biscuits, crepes, pancakes, waffles, french toast and more. It has a little less sugar than typical jam but you won’t miss the sugar at all!
- 2 pounds strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Optional: cornstarch
- Add strawberries and sugar to Instant Pot. Let sit for 10 minutes. Add in lemon juice.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute on high pressure. When the time is up let the pot sit for at least 10 minutes and then attempt to release pressure by moving valve to venting. If any foam comes out quickly move the valve back to sealing and let it sit for a few more minutes before trying again. Remove lid.
- Use a potato masher to mash the strawberries to desired consistency. You can also use a stick blender to get the jam more smooth and consistent.
- If a thicker consistency is desired turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting. Mix 2 Tbsp cornstarch in a small bowl with 2 Tbsp of cold water. Pour the mixture into the pot and let the jam thicken for 1-2 minutes. Then turn off the Instant Pot. Alternately, you can thicken without cornstarch by letting the mixture simmer and reduce down for 10-20 minutes using the saute setting (LESS).
- Ladle into jars, leaving ½ inch of space at the top. Seal jars following the instructions that came with your canning jars OR store strawberry jam in freezer for up to 12 months. Each jar will last in the refrigerator for about 3 months.
There is minimal liquid in this recipe because the strawberries release a ton of moisture, enough for the pot to come to pressure.
Slow Cooker Instructions: Add strawberries, sugar and lemon juice to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Remove the lid and turn slow cooker to high. Use a potato masher to mash the strawberries to desired consistency. You can also use a stick blender to get the jam more smooth and consistent. Add in cornstarch slurry and let it cook without the lid for about 30 minutes, or until thickened. Ladle into jars, leaving ½ inch of space at the top. Seal jars following the instructions that came with your canning jars OR store strawberry jam in freezer for 3-6 months. Each jar will last in the refrigerator for about 1 month.
- Category: Spreads
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.