Creamy, cheese mac and cheese with toasted panko breadcrumbs on top.
- 3 ¾ cups water
- 16 oz uncooked macaroni noodles
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp ground mustard
- 1 cup whole milk or half and half
- 8 ounces grated sharp cheddar
- 8 ounces grated monterey jack cheese
- 8 ounces grated colby jack cheese
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (optional)
- Pour the water into the Instant Pot. Add in the macaroni, butter, salt, pepper and ground mustard.
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes on high pressure. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting.
- Remove the lid and stir in the milk. Then stir in the cheeses a couple of cups at a time until all the cheese is stirred in and creamy and smooth.
- Optional breadcrumb topping: Unplug your Instant Pot. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top of the macaroni and cheese. Place your CrispLid on top of the pot. Click the lid into place and set the temperature to 500 degrees and the timer to 4 minutes. When the time is up remove the lid and serve the mac and cheese. If you don’t have a CrispLid then you can scoop the mac and cheese into a 9×13 inch pan. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top and broil in your oven until the breadcrumbs are toasted.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot