This post was sponsored by Sargento Foods as part of an Ambassador Program for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
This Slow Cooker Hashbrown Casserole is one of those recipes that you just have to make for potlucks and big family dinners. It’s often called funeral potatoes or cheesy potatoes too. But seriously whatever you call it, it’s delicious. I had to stop myself from eating only these potatoes for dinner. The sharp cheddar and the 4 cheese Mexican cheese give it the flavor dimension that it needs.
- 1 (28 oz) bag frozen hashbrowns or 28 oz of shredded baked potatoes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (10 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (7 oz) bag Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican
- ½ cup diced green onions.
- In a large bowl combine hashbrowns, garlic powder, onion powder, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, Cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until everything is well incorporated.
- Spread the hashbrown mixture into the bottom of a greased slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for about 3 hours.
- Sprinkle the top of the casserole with ½ cup of cheese. Let the cheese melt.
- Serve the potatoes and top each serving with some diced green onions.
Ideal slow cooker: 3 quart casserole slow cooker or 6 quart oval slow cooker