This Slow Cooker Funeral Potatoes dish is one of those recipes that you just have to make for potlucks and big family dinners. It’s often called funeral potatoes or cheesy potatoes too. But seriously whatever you call it, it’s delicious. I had to stop myself from eating only these potatoes for dinner. The sharp cheddar give it the flavor dimension that it needs.Print
- 1 (28 oz) bag frozen hashbrowns or 28 oz of shredded baked potatoes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (10 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz (2 cups) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green onions.
- In a large bowl combine hashbrowns, garlic powder, onion powder, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until everything is well incorporated.
- Spread the hashbrown mixture into the bottom of a greased slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for about 3 hours.
- Sprinkle the top of the casserole with remaining ½ cup of cheese. Let the cheese melt.
- Serve the potatoes and top each serving with some diced green onions.
Ideal slow cooker: 3 quart casserole slow cooker or 6 quart oval slow cooker