Fast Fudgy Freezer Brownies–when you’re in the mood for brownies don’t reach for the boxed mix! Make these easy fudgy brownies and chocolate frosting for the ultimate chocolate experience. Freeze the leftovers and then eat them as a treat straight out of the freezer.
Fast Fudgy Freezer Brownies
To me there are few treats better in the world than a well made and frosted brownie. YUM! Because today is National Chocolate Day (and coincidentally my wedding anniversary) I wanted to share this really fast and easy fudgy brownie recipe with you today. It may just become your go-to brownie recipe. It has become that for me!
One thing that I like to do with leftover brownies is freeze them in an airtight container. Then whenever I want a quick treat I can grab one out of the freezer and eat it immediately. Frozen brownies are seriously so good.
National Chocolate Day
Today is National Chocolate Day! To celebrate I’m sharing chocolate recipes from some of my food blogger friends:
Perfect Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache Buttercream from Ashlee Marie
Perfect Chocolate Cheesecake from Life Made Simple
Fudgy Double Chocolate Cookies from The Baker Upstairs
Chocolate Mousse from Creations by Kara
Vegan Chocolate Waffles from Namely Marly
Selfish Bars from Foodie with Family
Brownie Delight from Real Mom Kitchen
Cocoa Chipotle Spice Rub from Hey Grill Hey
And more from 365 Days of Slow Cooking…
Instant Pot Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread
Instant Pot Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
Slow Cooker Dark Chocolate Peanut Clusters
Slow Cooker Chocolate Chip Cookie BarsPrint
Fast to make and delicious to eat! Store the leftovers in the freezer and eat them frozen for a delicious treat.
For the brownies:
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the frosting (makes enough for 2 pans of brownies or a double layer of frosting on one pan)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 Tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 13×9 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips and butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Add eggs; stir well.
- Add flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and vanilla; stir well. Stir in remaining chocolate chips.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Prepare the frosting. Bring the butter, milk and cocoa to a boil over medium heat. Stir well with a whisk. Remove from heat. Whisk in the salt, powdered sugar and the vanilla. When frosting is smooth spread it on the cooled brownies.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
Send Me Free Recipes
Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!