Baked Egg Muffins with Hash Brown Crust: cheesy hash brown nests filled with a perfectly cooked baked egg and topped with a drop of hot sauce and crispy bacon crumbles. A perfect eat-on-the-go breakfast.
It’s back to school and back to schedules and back to healthy breakfasts. These Baked Egg Muffins with Hash Brown Crust are a perfect eat-on-the-go breakfast to keep you full until lunch. I topped mine with a drop of hot sauce and some bacon crumbles.
You can easily make a batch of these and store them in your refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to a week. Just pop one into the microwave for a minute and you have breakfast ready to go. If you have silicone baking cups I would recommend using them for this recipe. Just spray them first with some non stick cooking spray. The eggs and hashbrowns tend to stick so whatever you use make sure to grease it thoroughly.
These Baked Egg Muffins with Hash Brown Crust would also be perfect for a brunch menu item. They are quite fancy and could take the place of a eggs benedict dish. For more breakfast/brunch ideas check out these other recipes:
Slow Cooker Eggs, Spinach and Ham Breakfast Casserole
Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole with Eggs, Sausage, Potatoes and Cheese
Low Carb Egg Muffins from Kalyn’s Kitchen
Baked Cream Cheese French Toast Casserole from Sally’s Baking Addiction
One Hour Cinnamon Rolls from Gimme Some Oven
Get more recipes
Thanks for stopping by! Do you love crockpot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up here. I usually send out 1-2 new recipes per week. And you can unsubscribe at any time. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.Print
Baked Egg Muffins with Hash Brown Crust
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
Cheesy hash brown nests filled with a perfectly cooked baked egg and topped with a drop of hot sauce and crispy bacon crumbles. A perfect eat-on-the-go breakfast.
- 1 lb frozen hash browns
- 1 egg, whisked
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Bacon bits
- Hot sauce
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Place hash browns in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute.
- Add whisked egg, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cheddar into the bowl. Stir until well incorporated.
- Grease a muffin tin (with 12 slots) well. Press about 1/4 cup of hash brown mixture into each muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes on middle rack. Then move the pan to the top rack and turn on the broiler. Cook for another 1-2 minutes to crisp up the hash browns.
- Remove the pan from the oven and crack one egg into each hash brown nest. Salt and pepper the top of each egg.
- Bake at 350° F for 20-25 minutes longer, or until egg is set.
- Top each egg with a drop of hot sauce and some bacon bits.
- Let the pan sit for about 5 minutes. Use a knife to carefully go around the edges of each muffin. Use a fork to lift each egg muffin out carefully.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to a week.
These were so yummy and a huge hit! Thank you!
Awesome Kayla! Thanks for letting me know 🙂