Cheesy hash brown nests filled with a perfectly cooked baked egg and topped with a drop of hot sauce and crispy bacon crumbles. A perfect eat-on-the-go breakfast.
- 1 lb frozen hash browns
- 1 egg, whisked
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Bacon bits
- Hot sauce
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Place hash browns in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute.
- Add whisked egg, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cheddar into the bowl. Stir until well incorporated.
- Grease a muffin tin (with 12 slots) well. Press about 1/4 cup of hash brown mixture into each muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes on middle rack. Then move the pan to the top rack and turn on the broiler. Cook for another 1-2 minutes to crisp up the hash browns.
- Remove the pan from the oven and crack one egg into each hash brown nest. Salt and pepper the top of each egg.
- Bake at 350° F for 20-25 minutes longer, or until egg is set.
- Top each egg with a drop of hot sauce and some bacon bits.
- Let the pan sit for about 5 minutes. Use a knife to carefully go around the edges of each muffin. Use a fork to lift each egg muffin out carefully.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to a week.