Super Football Casserole–an easy Instant Pot recipe with ground beef, rice, beans, Rotel, cheddar cheese and Fritos.
Super Football Casserole
If you’re looking to make something delicious and filling for the big game then try out this recipe! Like a quarterback who can throw dimes and also can scramble for yardage this cheesy rice and beef dish straddles the line between a dip and a casserole. And you won’t regret it if you load it up with all the good stuff…avocado, sour cream, green onions, pico de gallo and Chili Cheese Fritos! Add this easy one pot Instant Pot meal/dip/casserole/snack to your menu plan this weekend🏈🏈🏈.
- Lean ground beef–I used 93/7. Another choice is ground turkey.
- Onion powder–or 2 Tbsp minced dried onion
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Cayenne pepper
- Black pepper
- Beef broth–or water and Better than Bouillon
- Converted rice–or another type of rice (see green chart below for cooking times)
- Kidney beans–or pinto beans, black beans
- Petite diced tomatoes–or fire roasted tomatoes or Rotel
- Diced green chiles
- Cheddar cheese soup–I used Campbell’s. You can also use an equivalent amount of Velveeta.
- Cheddar cheese–I like sharp, shredded off the block (not pre-grated)
- Fritos–or Chili Cheese Fritos
Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off excess grease. Stir in the onion powder, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, cayenne and pepper.
Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
Sprinkle in the rice.
Dump the beans, tomatoes, green chiles on top.
Finally add in the cheese soup. Don’t stir.
Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes. Move valve to venting and remove the lid.
Serve topped with cheese and Fritos.
- Serve with guacamole, tortilla chips, green onions, sour cream, salsa or pico de gallo or rolled up in tortillas.
- Try baking this dish. Add the finished Instant Pot mixture into a 9×13 inch pan. Sprinkle liberally with cheese and Fritos and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- I used my 6 quart Instant Pot*. You can also make this in a 3 or 8 quart pot.
- If you want to make this gluten free use Velveeta in the place of cheddar cheese soup.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container* in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Other recipes you can make with Fritos are Instant Pot Frito Chicken Casserole and Chicken Crunchwrap Supreme (Instant Pot).
- If you want to use another type of rice refer to the chart below for liquid to rice ratios and cooking times.
Did you know you can filter the recipes on my website to search by meat type, IP or Crockpot, low carb, gluten free, etc.? Use the filter to find exactly what you are looking for.Print
An easy Instant Pot recipe with ground beef, rice, beans, Rotel, cheddar cheese and Fritos.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups converted rice
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 (10.5 oz) cheddar cheese soup
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Fritos or Chili Cheese Fritos
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off excess grease. Stir in the onion powder, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, cayenne and pepper.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle in the rice. Dump the beans, tomatoes, green chiles and soup on top. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes. Move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Stir. Serve topped with cheese and Fritos.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
More Instant Pot Football Foods…
Down Home Instant Pot Chili
A fast and easy chili recipe that has lots of flavor but isn’t too spicy! Perfect for any night of the week or for the chili cook-off contest.
Arkansas Cheese Dip
Grab a bag of tortilla chips and dig into this Instant Pot/Slow Cooker Arkansas Cheese Dip for the most addicting snack of your life.
Instant Pot Crab Dip
Creamy, cheese crab dip with Old Bay Seasoning tastes great served on a sliced baguette or crackers.
Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
Creamy, addictive, restaurant-quality spinach artichoke dip that comes together so fast. Serves a crowd!
Instant Pot Mississippi Sin Dip
An addictive warm dip that is perfect for any party, potluck or get together. Or if you want to eat it in the closet by yourself. No judgment.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.