- 10 oz uncooked linguine (whole wheat is what I used)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds (about 3 small zucchinis) zucchini, coarsely shredded
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (I used greek yogurt)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese (medium or sharp)
- Cook linguine according to directions on the package. Drain and pour into a large serving bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. When the oil starts smoking add in the garlic and cook until lightly browned, for about 30 seconds.
- Add in 1/4 of the zucchini to the garlic and cook on high until well coated with oil.
- Add in the remaining zucchini and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Toss the zucchini into the bowl of pasta. Stir in the yogurt, salt and pepper and cheese. Toss to coat.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy.
You can serve this with chicken, if you’d like. Sometimes I cook bites of chicken in the pan before I cook the garlic and zucchini.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Italian
Don’t hate me because this is not a slow cooker recipe. From time to time, I’m going to start sharing some of my favorite recipes that aren’t slow cooker recipes.
I love this recipe so much and have been making it since I was in college. I received several zucchinis in my bountiful basket and used most of them to make this delicious dinner. I loved making it with the yellow and green zucchinis for some added color. If you’re in a pinch, use sour cream instead of yogurt. This is a super fast and easy dinner. Make it vegetarian if you want. We served ours with chicken. 5 stars.