Today I’m so excited to share with you a sneak peek at a recipe from my new cookbook, The Easy 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Cookbook! WAHOO! Have you ordered your copy yet? Pre-order today and you will get INSTANT access to my bonus chapter and my From Freezer to Crock to Table e-book.
Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs–When time is at a premium, these flavorful but hearty no-prep meatballs will fit the bill. The meatballs are cooked alongside your favorite pasta sauce and can be served with spaghetti, making this a family friendly dinner. My children especially love shredded mozzarella cheese on top of their meatballs and spaghetti.
Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs are just one of 100 recipes that you will find in my new cookbook, The Easy 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Cookbook. I love this book because the food is so very quick and easy to prepare but it still tastes amazing. These are the types of recipes that I love!
I’ve loved having my very own copy of the book and have been cooking from it this week. As you can see here we’ve all been a little excited at having this book in our house…
I even had my daughter make one of the recipes. Here is Reagan cooking up these meatballs. See how quick and easy this recipe is by watching below. She also shares a fun tip on how to form the meatballs:
I hope you enjoy this recipe and that you will order my cookbook. If you’re into easy slow cooker recipes I know you’ll love this book!Print
This recipe is from my new cookbook, The Easy 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Cookbook.
When time is at a premium, these flavorful but hearty no-prep meatballs will fit the bill. The meatballs are cooked alongside your favorite pasta sauce and can be served with spaghetti, making this a family friendly dinner. My children especially love shredded mozzarella cheese on top of their meatballs and spaghetti.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 (28 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cooked spaghetti, for serving (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, egg, breadcrumbs, chili powder, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder, and mix with clean hands to combine thoroughly. Shape the mixture into 1-inch meatballs. Place the meatballs in the slow cooker. Pour spaghetti sauce over the meatballs.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Remove the lid and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the meatballs and sauce. Cook on high without the lid until the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Carefully scoop the meatballs and sauce onto serving plates–over spaghetti, if desired.
You can use extra lean ground beef or ground chicken instead of turkey if you prefer.
I used my 3 quart casserole crock for this recipe.
- Calories: 311
- Sodium: 1336 mg
- Fat: 13 grams
- Saturated Fat: 2 grams
- Carbohydrates: 21 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 27 grams
- Cholesterol: 115 mg
Send Me Free Slow Cooker Recipes
Thanks for stopping by! Do you love crockpot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.