This recipe is from my new cookbook, The Easy 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Cookbook.
When time is at a premium, these flavorful but hearty no-prep meatballs will fit the bill. The meatballs are cooked alongside your favorite pasta sauce and can be served with spaghetti, making this a family friendly dinner. My children especially love shredded mozzarella cheese on top of their meatballs and spaghetti.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 (28 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cooked spaghetti, for serving (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, egg, breadcrumbs, chili powder, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder, and mix with clean hands to combine thoroughly. Shape the mixture into 1-inch meatballs. Place the meatballs in the slow cooker. Pour spaghetti sauce over the meatballs.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Remove the lid and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the meatballs and sauce. Cook on high without the lid until the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Carefully scoop the meatballs and sauce onto serving plates–over spaghetti, if desired.
You can use extra lean ground beef or ground chicken instead of turkey if you prefer.
I used my 3 quart casserole crock for this recipe.
To make gluten free: Gluten-free bread crumbs can be found at most local grocery stores. Other than that just substitute your noodles for gluten-free noodles.
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Calories: 311
- Sodium: 1336 mg
- Fat: 13 grams
- Saturated Fat: 2 grams
- Carbohydrates: 21 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 27 grams
- Cholesterol: 115 mg