This recipe for slow cooker taco soup has been around forever. It’s actually a recipe/photo update from January 2009. I’ve made it about 3 times in the past 3 weeks as per the request of my husband. I happily oblige to his request because this recipe is soooooo easy…and for me, the easier the better! The kids love this recipe as well because it’s fun to add in the grated cheese and tortilla or corn chips. This recipe is hard to mess up, so if you’re a slow cooking novice you’ll want to add this recipe to the menu.
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6-8 hours on low
- Total Time: 42 minute
- Yield: 6 cups of soup 1x
Basic but delicious taco soup simmered all day in your slow cooker. Everyone needs this recipe up their sleeve for those busy weeknights.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup beef broth (or 1 cup water + 1 tsp Better than Bouillon Beef Base)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can kidney beans (or pinto beans or black beans)
- 1 (12 oz) package of frozen corn
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: grated cheddar, sour cream and corn chips, for serving
- Brown the ground beef over medium high heat in a pan on the stove. Drain off excess grease.
- Add beef to slow cooker. Stir in the broth, kidney beans, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and taco seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and top with cheddar, sour cream and corn chips
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup of soup
- Calories: 271
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 1083 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Protein: 21 g
Do you drain and rinse the beans?
oh yes I do…thanks for that clarification!
Thank you Karen for the Taco Soup recipe. It was so very delicous. It’s a keeper. My husband said it was one of his favorite soups I’ve made. The flavors were spot on. It’s better than the stove version. I appreciate you very much and all the hard work you put into your recipes. 😁
I appreciate you being here Kathie! Thanks for your review 😘
Linda Smith says
Is there a way I can pin this recipe so I can save it on Pinterest? I haven’t tried the recipe yet but will soon.
Yes Linda here is a link to pin: https://pinterest.com/pin/153896512253505613/
One of my all time favorite recipes after trying it. So yummy!!!
Our family of 4 loved this recipe & would give it 4 stars. (only reason it didn't get 5 is I'm not crazy about chunks of tomato)
Bonnie B. says
we love this soup at our house. we have a recipe that uses shredded chicken instead of the beef. and it also calls for a package of ranch dressing mix, but i only use half a package. thanks for sharing all these recipes!!!! love this blog!
This was very good!
I tried this recipe and loved it!
When I taste tested it before dinner it was soooo good and I had all these ingredients on hand, so I made another double batch on the stove top and put it in freezer gallon bags to freeze.
Now I have extra to just heat and eat for a couple more meals later!
Yum!! And I love that it is made from items I keep in the pantry all the time. So easy!!
p.s. even picky husband and 16 year old son liked it allot!