Basic but delicious taco soup simmered all day in your slow cooker. Everyone needs this recipe up their sleeve for those busy weeknights.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup beef broth (or 1 cup water + 1 tsp Better than Bouillon Beef Base)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can kidney beans (or pinto beans or black beans)
- 1 (12 oz) package of frozen corn
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: grated cheddar, sour cream and corn chips, for serving
- Brown the ground beef over medium high heat in a pan on the stove. Drain off excess grease.
- Add beef to slow cooker. Stir in the broth, kidney beans, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and taco seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and top with cheddar, sour cream and corn chips
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup of soup
- Calories: 271
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 1083 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Protein: 21 g