A creamy, comforting and slightly spicy macaroni and cheese that’s made in the slow cooker. This is a perfect side dish for dinner or an offering at a potluck.
- 4 oz uncooked whole wheat macaroni noodles (I used Barilla)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 or 2 (4 oz) cans of diced green chiles
- 4 oz grated pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Salt and pepper
- Place macaroni in the bottom of the slow cooker*. Pour water and half and half on the top. Sprinkle in the salt, pepper, garlic powder and green chiles.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 60-90 minutes (mine took about 80 minutes). Remove the lid and gently stir in the shredded cheese and corn.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
*I used my 3 quart casserole crock slow cooker for this recipe.