Slow Cooker Hummus Recipe–how to cook dried chickpeas in the slow cooker and make your own hummus from scratch. Save money by making your own hummus at home.
Easy recipe for hummus made with dried chickpeas in your slow cooker.
- 3/4 cup dried chickpeas (I find these in the bulk section of my grocery store)
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Add the chickpeas, water and salt to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours, or until chickpeas are very soft.
- Set a colander on top of a bowl. Drain the liquid from the chickpeas into the bowl. Reserve this liquid for later.
- In a blender or food processor add the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and 1/4 cup of reserved liquid. Add in the chickpeas last. This will help it to blend easier. Blend until creamy. Add in more reserved liquid as needed. Season to taste.
- Store hummus in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Click here for the Instant Pot version of this recipe.
- Calories: 79 calories
- Sodium: 239 mg
- Fat: 3.7 grams
- Fiber: 2.6 grams
- Protein: 2.9 grams