Makes 6 servings
2-3 cups cooked chicken
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups salsa verde, divided
1 cup shredded cheddar, divided
6 tortillas (I use whole wheat)
1. Make a foil collar and place it on the hot spot in your slow cooker.
2. In a bowl, combine chicken, honey, lime juice, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup salsa verde and 1/2 cup cheddar. Stir until combined.
3. Spoon 1/2 cup of chicken mixture down the middle of each tortilla and roll up. Place rolled up tortillas in the bottom of slow cooker that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
4. Spoon the rest of the salsa verde over the top of the tortillas.
5. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or on HIGH for 2-3. Sprinkle rest of grated cheese on top and let melt. Serve with sour cream and cilantro.
Yum. I loved the filling for these enchiladas. The slight sweetness with the honey and the lime juice combination was delish. You could easily make these in the oven, if you prefer. 4 stars.