- 1 (28 oz) bag frozen hashbrowns or 28 oz of shredded baked potatoes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (10 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz (2 cups) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green onions.
- In a large bowl combine hashbrowns, garlic powder, onion powder, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until everything is well incorporated.
- Spread the hashbrown mixture into the bottom of a greased slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for about 3 hours.
- Sprinkle the top of the casserole with remaining ½ cup of cheese. Let the cheese melt.
- Serve the potatoes and top each serving with some diced green onions.
Ideal slow cooker: 3 quart casserole slow cooker or 6 quart oval slow cooker