Slow Cooker Creamy Tortilla Soup is a dump and go crockpot recipe that tastes amazing! We love topping ours with avocado, tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream.
Get the Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe here
Slow Cooker Creamy Tortilla Soup
This soup is a perfect dinner to make. It takes only a few minutes to get it in the slow cooker. This is one of my very favorite soups to make. The reason?
- It’s so easy.
- Everybody loves it.
- Most of the time I have all the ingredients at my house.
- You can use frozen chicken.
I made it twice last week! That says a lot since I don’t often repeat recipes 🙂
More recipes you’ll love…
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Creamy Tortilla Soup I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.* I love this slow cooker. It cooks low and evenly. I love the medium heat choice because most slow cookers that I’ve seen only have the option of cooking on low or high. If you’re going to buy just one slow cooker, this is the one that I recommend.Print
- 1 lb frozen boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup picante sauce or salsa
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of diced tomatoes, in tomato juice
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (13.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup frozen corn or 1 (14 oz) can of corn, drained
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, or as much as desired
- Salt and pepper
- Optional toppings: tortilla chips, grated cheese, sour cream, avocado
- Place chicken, broth, salsa, tomatoes, lime juice, garlic, cream of chicken soup, red pepper, cumin, corn and beans in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours. Remove chicken and shred or cut into bite size pieces. Add the chicken back in to the slow cooker and then add cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into individual serving bowls and top with desired toppings.
I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: soup, chicken, dump and go
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Slow Cooker Creamy Tortilla Soup? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.