Slow Cooker Creamy Tortilla Soup is a dump and go crockpot recipe that tastes amazing! We love topping ours with avocado, tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream.
- 1 lb frozen boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup picante sauce or salsa
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of diced tomatoes, in tomato juice
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (13.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup frozen corn or 1 (14 oz) can of corn, drained
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, or as much as desired
- Salt and pepper
- Optional toppings: tortilla chips, grated cheese, sour cream, avocado
- Place chicken, broth, salsa, tomatoes, lime juice, garlic, cream of chicken soup, red pepper, cumin, corn and beans in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours. Remove chicken and shred or cut into bite size pieces. Add the chicken back in to the slow cooker and then add cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into individual serving bowls and top with desired toppings.
I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: soup, chicken, dump and go