A creamy, dreamy potato soup with browned ground beef, onions, carrots and cream cheese. Perfect served with a side salad and a bread stick.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups peeled and cubed Russet potatoes
- 3 carrots, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 3 celery ribs, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 (8 ounce) brick of cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups milk, warmed
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pan over medium high heat add in the ground beef and the onion. Add in the garlic powder and the salt. Brown the beef and cook onions until transparent. Add the mixture to the slow cooker.
2. Pour in the chicken broth, potatoes, carrots, celery, basil and parsley. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until potatoes are tender.
3. Turn your slow cooker to high. Add in the cream cheese. In a glass measuring cup warm up the milk in the microwave for a minute (or on the stove). This will prevent curdling. Stir the cornstarch into the milk until smooth. Stir the milk into the slow cooker. This will thicken the soup a bit.
5. Once soup is thickened salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and enjoy!
I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.*
This recipe is gluten free. Just double check the chicken broth.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 443
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 1039 mg
- Fat: 21 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 27 g
- Cholesterol: 95 mg