A creamy tomato soup with tender chunks of chicken, pasta, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. All the flavors from chicken parmesan in a bowl!
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ pounds uncooked chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 ¼ cups dry cavatappi pasta (or similar pasta)
- 1 cup half and half, warm
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Optional: a buttered baguette or garlic toast for dipping
- Heat a pan on the stove. Melt the butter over medium high heat and saute the onion for 3-4 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Scrape the contents of the pan into the slow cooker.
- Add in the broth, chicken, italian seasoning, salt, pepper, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and pasta. Stir a bit.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours. Check chicken and pasta for doneness.
- Stir in the warm half and half and cheeses.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with toasted garlic toast.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker