A fast and easy dump and go recipe. The saucy chicken can be served in tacos, burritos, salads, nachos, quesadillas or over rice.
- 2 ½ pounds chicken breasts (frozen is okay)
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- 1 ½ dried oregano
- 1 (10 oz) can red enchilada sauce (I used medium)
- Optional: 2 Tbsp cornstarch + 2 Tbsp water
- Place chicken in the slow cooker. Sprinkle it with the cumin and oregano. Dump the enchilada sauce on the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hour if thawed and 6 hours if frozen.
- Remove the chicken and shred. Stir it back in with the sauce.
- If you’d like a thicker sauce then mix the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl until smooth. Stir the mixture into the slow cooker. Turn the slow cooker to high and let the sauce thicken for 10 minutes.
- Serve chicken in tacos, nachos, quesadillas, burritos or over rice.
I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.*
To make gluten free: Check your red enchilada sauce to be sure it does not contain wheat. La Victoria and Las Palmas are safe.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: 5 ingredients