Slow Cooker Mexican Black Beans and Rice–This recipe for Slow Cooker Mexican Rice and Beans has become a staple at my house. I love it because it’s easy to get in the slow cooker within minutes and I love the creamy, yummy rice and beans that come out of the slow cooker a few hours later.
- 1 or 2 (14 oz) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup salsa (plus more, if needed)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Salt and pepper
- Lime juice
- Place beans, rice, water, salsa, bay leaf, cumin, and garlic salt in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3-5 hours.
- Add in salt and pepper to taste and lime juice to taste. Add in additional salsa to brighten it up, if needed.
Ideal slow cooker size: 3 quart
- Method: Slow Cooker