Longhorn Parmesan Chicken—An air fryer version of parmesan crusted chicken! It starts off with a flavorful marinade and then the chicken is rolled in a panko/parmesan crust and air fried until it’s perfectly crispy and browned.
Longhorn Parmesan Chicken
This is an easier, healthier air fryer version of Longhorn’s parmesan chicken. Remembering to marinate the chicken ahead of time is the hardest part of the recipe! If you can think ahead you win. This chicken is perfectly tender on the inside and perfectly browned and crispy on the outside. I liked dipping my chicken in BBQ sauce and my son liked it in ranch dressing. If you have an air fryer try making this chicken this week!
- Serve with mashed or baked potatoes and a green vegetable like salad or spinach.
- I used my Instant vortex air fryer*.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container* in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. These are best reheated in your air fryer for about 3 minutes at 400 degrees. They’ll crisp right back up!
- Other recipes you can make with panko are Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Casserole and Instant Pot 3-Cheese Macaroni And Cheese.
4 More Air Fryer Recipes to Try…
Air Fryer Almost Chick Fil-A Chicken
Homemade chicken nuggets made in your air fryer. They are juicy and tender and really simple to make! They taste just as good as the restaurant.
Air Fryer Weeknight Meatballs
Air Fryer Weeknight Meatballs–use your air fryer or Instant Pot air fryer lid to make these super fast and easy meatballs!
Air Fryer Sunday Dinner Chicken
Air Fryer Sunday Dinner Chicken–use your Instant Pot Duo Crisp or your air fryer to make flavorful, juicy, crisp-skinned chicken drumsticks or thighs.
Did you know you can filter the recipes on my website to search by meat type, IP or Crockpot, low carb, gluten free, etc.? Use the filter to find exactly what you are looking for.Print
Air Fryer Longhorn Parmesan Chicken
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
An air fryer version of parmesan crusted chicken! It starts off with a flavorful marinade and then the chicken is rolled in a panko/parmesan crust and air fried until it’s perfectly crispy and browned.
- 2 or 3 chicken breasts, sliced into strips (or chicken tenderloins)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Lightly salt and pepper the sliced chicken pieces.
- In a ziplock bag or an airtight container add the olive oil, ranch dressing Worcestershire, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic and pepper. Mix it well. Add in the chicken pieces. Seal the container and shake to coat the chicken. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and discard the marinade.
- In a bowl stir together the panko and parmesan.
- Dredge the chicken in the panko/parmesan until fully coated.
- Place the chicken into air fryer. Spray the chicken with non-stick cooking spray.
- Air fry for 12 minutes at 400 degrees, turning halfway through to brown both sides.
- Serve chicken with a dipping sauce like ranch or bbq sauce.
You can bake the chicken if you don’t have an air fryer. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 300 degrees, or until chicken reaches 165 degrees in the middle.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Air Fryer
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Would this work with my Mealhy (sp) air fryer lid lid for my instant pot. I have had this lid for over a year and only used it once. Hard to find recipes for this lid. I gave it 5 stars because anything to post is so darn good and trust me, I have made many from your cookbook. Thanks Gail
I think it would work Gail! You may need to increase the cooking time if the chicken is on the bottom of the pot. If you can I would use a trivet to get the chicken up off the bottom of the pot.
Julie P says
You are my go to for Instant Pot recipes. I love your book and bought one for my son-in-law who loves to cook. Now, you shared these great Amazon deals and I had been sitting on the fence about an air fryer for a long time. Well, I finally ordered one. Can’t wait to try it. Thanks for the heads up. You are awesome!!
Oh! I hope you like it! We really love ours.
The ranch dressing for the parmasen chicken, should it be in powder form or the liquid one. I am in canada and dont find it in powder form. Please le me know as I find this recipe very interesting.
This recipe is the salad dressing form of ranch
Donna B. says
Karen…these chicken strips are CRAZY good 🤪
The marinade is what puts them over the top…moist, tender and delicious!!! 😋
P. S. You are my main “go to” for Instant Pot recipes, and I’m loving seeing that you have recently begun to post Air Fryer recipes 🙂
I’m so glad you like the air fryer recipes! I really want to make more of them in the future!