Instant Pot Tomato Basil Parmesan Orzo–orzo pasta is tossed with fresh basil, garlic, halved cherry tomatoes and parmesan cheese for a perfect side dish or meatless meal.
Instant Pot Tomato Basil Parmesan Orzo
This super easy orzo pasta dish makes a perfect summer meatless meal or if you want to serve this as a side dish alongside a rotisserie chicken or grilled chicken that would me amazing. I love the taste of fresh basil and the tomatoes. It just gives a bright pop of color and fresh flavor to the pasta.
My daughter has dutifully watered her little basil plant each day and I’m super grateful. I would have totally let the plant die by now. If only she had her own tomato plant as well! Maybe next summer…
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Tomato Basil Parmesan Orzo I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
Orzo pasta is tossed with fresh basil, garlic, halved cherry tomatoes and parmesan cheese for a perfect side dish or meatless meal.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 1/2 cup chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 2 1/3 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, washed and sliced in half
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute function. When the display says HOT add in the olive oil and swirl it around. Add in the diced onion and saute for about 3-5 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add in the chicken broth and scrape any bits off the bottom of the pot. Add in the orzo, salt and pepper. Turn off the saute function.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute on high pressure. When the time is up let the pot sit there for 5 minutes and then perform a quick release.
- Remove the lid and stir in the basil, cheese and tomatoes. Scoop onto plates and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: meatless, side, pasta
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Tomato Basil Parmesan Orzo? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.