Orzo pasta is tossed with fresh basil, garlic, halved cherry tomatoes and parmesan cheese for a perfect side dish or meatless meal.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 1/2 cup chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 2 1/3 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, washed and sliced in half
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute function. When the display says HOT add in the olive oil and swirl it around. Add in the diced onion and saute for about 3-5 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add in the chicken broth and scrape any bits off the bottom of the pot. Add in the orzo, salt and pepper. Turn off the saute function.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute on high pressure. When the time is up let the pot sit there for 5 minutes and then perform a quick release.
- Remove the lid and stir in the basil, cheese and tomatoes. Scoop onto plates and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: meatless, side, pasta