Instant Pot Spicy Coconut Chicken Drumsticks–tender, juicy chicken drumsticks enveloped in a creamy coconut and sriracha sauce with loads of fresh cilantro. This chicken and sauce is perfect over rice and makes an easy and delicious weeknight dinner.
Get the slow cooker version of this recipe
Instant Pot Spicy Coconut Chicken Drumsticks
One of my favorite slow cooker recipes is coconut chicken drumsticks. I knew that I needed to tackle this recipe in the Instant Pot. First, I removed the skin from the chicken legs. The way that I do this is by using a paper towel. It helps you to grip the skin and get it off in no time. I wouldn’t want to keep the skin of since it will become soggy and gross in the pressure cooker. Once the skin is removed from the chicken you can make a simple sauce of coconut milk, sriracha, chili paste and soy sauce in the Instant Pot. Add those chicken drummies to the sauce and let it cook for about 18 minutes. The sauce will be really thin so once the pressure has been released you can switch the setting to saute and add a cornstarch slurry to thicken up the sauce in no time. I love eating this chicken and sauce over brown rice. I either make my brown rice in the Instant Pot or in the oven. I’ve never been a good maker of brown rice on the stove.
You may be interested in these other recipes…
All my Instant Pot recipes can be found here
Slow Cooker Yellow Chicken Curry
Instant Pot Chicken Curry
What Instant Pot/Slow Cooker Did You Use?
For this Instant Pot Spicy Coconut Chicken Drumsticks recipe I used this Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker. It’s 6 quarts, so the same size as most slow cookers. It cost me around $80 on Amazon. When I made a similar recipe in the slow cooker I used this 6 quart KitchenAid Slow Cooker.
Tender, juicy chicken drumsticks enveloped in a creamy coconut and sriracha sauce with loads of fresh cilantro. This chicken and sauce is perfect over rice and makes an easy and delicious weeknight dinner.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1 Tbsp garlic thai chili paste
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup diced onions (I used a yellow onion)
- 3–4 lbs of chicken drumsticks (I put 10 in my pressure cooker)
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Combine broth, basil, Sriracha, garlic thai chili paste, soy sauce and onion in the Instant Pot. Stir.
- Using a double layer of paper towels pull the skin off of the chicken legs. Add the now skinless chicken legs into the slow cooker. Nestle them into the sauce.
- Cover the Instant Pot and make sure the valve is on “sealing.” Press manual and set the timer for 15 minutes. Once the timer beeps let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then release any remaining pressure by moving the valve from “sealing” to “venting.”
- In a little bowl stir together the cornstarch and water until smooth. Remove the lid of the Instant Pot and stir in the coconut milk and cornstarch mixture. Turn the Instant Pot to saute. The sauce should thicken in just a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro and serve the chicken and sauce over rice.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot for this recipe.
Click here for the slow cooker version of this recipe
- Method: Instant Pot
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!