Instant Pot Southern Chicken Spaghetti–cheesy chicken spaghetti with a kick! This stuff is creamy and addictive.
Instant Pot Southern Chicken Spaghetti
I kept sneaking bites of this chicken spaghetti! It’s flavored with Rotel tomatoes and queso cheese (the kind you dip tortilla chips in). You’ll love this the night of and it tastes great as leftovers if you’re lucky enough to have any.
- Chicken broth–or water and Better than Bouillon chicken base
- Spaghetti–whole wheat, angel hair, it all works
- Chicken breasts or thighs–you’ll want to use fresh or thawed because you’ll be cutting them into bite size cubes
- Rotel–I used mild Rotel. If you love spice then use regular or hot variety. If you can’t find Rotel try using a can of petite diced tomatoes and green chiles.
- Tostitos Salsa con Queso–I find this in the aisle next to the tortilla chips. You can also use 4 ounces of Velveeta cheese or 4 ounces of cream cheese.
- Tomato juice or V8–to thin out the sauce…it adds that acidity to cut through the creaminess
- Shredded cheddar cheese–I shred mine off the block for best results. You can also use pepper jack cheese, mozzarella, colby, etc.
- Layer the ingredients into Instant Pot: Pour broth into Instant Pot. Break spaghetti into thirds and add it into the pot in a criss-cross pattern.
Add the chicken on top of spaghetti. Sprinkle chicken with cumin. Dump the Rotel and queso on top.
- Pressure cook: Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Finish it up: Stir in the tomato juice and the cheddar cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can also use cooked, rotisserie chicken. Add a couple cups of chicken in at the same time you would add in raw chicken. I like buying the $4.99 cooked rotisserie chickens from Costco and using the meat in recipes like this one.
- Try using a different type of pasta like penne, cavatappi, bowties, macaroni noodles, etc.
- If you like heat try adding in a tablespoon of sriracha.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container* for up to 5 days or freezer for up to 3 months.
- You can double this recipe by doubling all the ingredients but keeping the cooking time the same.
- I used a 6 quart Instant Pot* but you can also make this in a 3 or 8 quart pot.
More Instant Pot Pasta Recipes…
- Instant Pot Simple Chicken Slop
- Instant Pot “Stole My Boyfriend” Tetrazzini
- Instant Pot Amish Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Instant Pot Christmas Soup
- Instant Pot Easy Does It Spaghetti
Did you know you can filter the recipes on my website to search by meat type, IP or Crockpot, low carb, gluten free, etc.? Use the filter to find exactly what you are looking for.
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
Cheesy chicken spaghetti with a kick! This stuff is creamy and addictive.
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 12 ounces chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite size cubes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel
- 1 cup Tostitos Salsa con Queso
- 1/2 cup tomato juice or V8
- 4 ounces (1 cup) shredded cheddar cheese
- Pour broth into Instant Pot. Break spaghetti into thirds (or in half) and add it into the pot in a criss-cross pattern. Add the chicken on top of spaghetti. Sprinkle chicken with cumin. Dump the Rotel and queso on top. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the tomato juice and the cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.