Instant Pot Snickerdoodle Apple Cobbler—sliced tart apples baked with a crust of snickerdoodle cookie dough. Serve it warm topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Instant Pot Snickerdoodle Apple Cobbler
We loved this so much we made it and ate it on back to back nights. Greg is always begging me to make apple crisp on Sunday nights. It’s his jam. I’m more of a fudgy wudgy person. Chocolate is typically my jam. However we both agreed that this Instant Pot snickerdoodle apple cobber was a delicious and satisfying treat. Don’t forget the vanilla ice cream!
How to make make Instant Pot snickerdoodle apple cobbler:
- Slice up some apples. I prefer the tart granny smith apples that are good for baking because they retain their shape. You lay them in a pan that fits inside your Instant Pot (for pot-in-pot cooking). I used my mini bundt cake pan* and also my Fat Daddios 7×3 inch pan*. Toss the apples with brown sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Make the snickerdoodle cookie dough by creaming together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Then add in the dry ingredients. Drop the dough, by tablespoons, on top of the apples. This part is lots of fun!
- Snickerdoodles wouldn’t be complete without some cinnamon sugar on top. Sprinkle some on top of the cookie dough. Cover the pan with a paper towel (to prevent dripping) and then foil.
- Use a sling/trivet to lower the pan into your 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot*. The Instant Pot must have some water in the bottom to come to pressure. I used 1 ½ cups. This is sufficient for the 6 or 8 quart pot.
- Use the Steam button to pressure cook for 22 minutes. Use a quick release.
- Serve up the cobbler with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Repeat again the next night.
Can I bake this in the oven or slow cooker instead?
If you’d rather bake this scrumptious treat in the oven go for it! No need to add the paper towel or foil. Just pop the pan into the oven and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
To make the cobbler in the slow cooker add apples and cookie dough topping directly into the slow cooker insert. Cover and cook on high for 90 minutes to 2 hours, or until cooked through.
More Instant Pot Dessert Recipes…
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.Print
Sliced tart apples baked with a crust of snickerdoodle cookie dough. Serve it warm topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Equipment needed: Instant Pot, pan for pot-in-pot cooking, sling/trivet
For the apples:
- 3 cups thinly sliced granny smith apples (peeled or skins on)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
For the snickerdoodles:
- 5 Tbsp softened butter
- 5 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
For the topping:
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- Toss the apples, ½ tsp cinnamon, 3 Tbsp brown sugar and lemon juice together. Place in a pan that fits inside your Instant Pot. (I have used a bundt cake pan* and a Fat Daddios 7×3 inch pan*). Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter and 5 Tbsp white sugar together. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Mix in the baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Slowly stir in the flour.
- Drop tablespoons of the dough on top of the apples in the pan.
- Stir together the 1 Tbsp sugar and ½ tsp cinnamon and sprinkle over the top of the dough.
- Place a paper towel on top of the pan and then cover with foil.
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot. Place pan on top of a trivet/sling* and lower the pan into the Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the STEAM button to 22 minutes. When time is up move the valve to venting. Remove the lid. Remove the pan. Remove the foil and paper towel.
- Scoop cobbler into bowls and top with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.