Sliced tart apples baked with a crust of snickerdoodle cookie dough. Serve it warm topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Equipment needed: Instant Pot, pan for pot-in-pot cooking, sling/trivet
For the apples:
- 3 cups thinly sliced granny smith apples (peeled or skins on)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
For the snickerdoodles:
- 5 Tbsp softened butter
- 5 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
For the topping:
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- Toss the apples, ½ tsp cinnamon, 3 Tbsp brown sugar and lemon juice together. Place in a pan that fits inside your Instant Pot. (I have used a bundt cake pan* and a Fat Daddios 7×3 inch pan*). Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter and 5 Tbsp white sugar together. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Mix in the baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Slowly stir in the flour.
- Drop tablespoons of the dough on top of the apples in the pan.
- Stir together the 1 Tbsp sugar and ½ tsp cinnamon and sprinkle over the top of the dough.
- Place a paper towel on top of the pan and then cover with foil.
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot. Place pan on top of a trivet/sling* and lower the pan into the Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the STEAM button to 22 minutes. When time is up move the valve to venting. Remove the lid. Remove the pan. Remove the foil and paper towel.
- Scoop cobbler into bowls and top with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Instant Pot