A dense and moist, almost bread pudding-like cake with the popular flavor combo of pumpkin spice and chocolate. This delicious cake is the perfect choice for a fall treat, or any time of year that pumpkin craving strikes!
- 1 cup (120 g) whole-wheat pastry flour or (125 g) white whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (115 g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp (28 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (180 g) plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup (185 g) pumpkin puree (solid-pack pumpkin)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (88 g) chocolate chips, milk or dark
- Spray a half-size Bundt pan* with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and brown sugar until smooth. Add the butter, yogurt, pumpkin, and vanilla and whisk until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and whisk just until blended. Fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Pour 1 cup (235 ml) of water into the pressure cooking pot and place a trivet* in the bottom. Carefully center the filled pan on a sling and lower the pan into the cooking pot. Lock the lid in place and turn the pressure release valve to the Sealed position. Select High Pressure and 25 minutes cook time.
- When the cook time ends, turn off the pressure cooker. Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, and finish with a quick pressure release. When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid.
- Use the sling to transfer the pan to a wire rack. Cool for 5 minutes. Gently loosen the edges, remove the cake from the pan, and cool for 5-10 minutes on a wire rack. Serve warm.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Instant Pot